Preparing for your photo session is a big deal. Whether it’s for your wedding, family portraits, or even head shots, there are some simple tips to prepare for your photo session to make it a seamless process, and to have you relaxed for your best photos ever!
- Drink plenty of water and get a good night’s rest the night before your photo session. This little bit of self-care goes a long way towards you looking fresh for your shoot.
- Have your hair and nails and makeup (even if it’s a head shot) touched up beforehand. If you need a recommendation to a local Hair and Makeup artist, or would like one booked on your behalf – just let me know. 😀
- Plan your/your family’s outfits ahead of time so there’s no stressing right before the photo session. Also, be sure to get that ironing board out and get rid of those wrinkles. If you need help deciding what to wear, reach out to me, I’m happy to offer suggestions. Wear something that makes sense for the occasion.
- Hair Bands are the devil. They’re sneaky and end up in the photo some way – somehow. Bring jewelry and accessories and of course – your trusted hair band in a bag versus wearing it to a shoot. That way we can assess and consider all the options with outfits at the time of the shoot.
- Find some inspiration prior to getting the photos taken. This way you have some ideas in your head of the types or style of photos you want. Pinterest is your friend!
When you arrive – I’ll be sure to play some music to get you pumped. If you have a playlist that makes you feel fierce – let me know and we can play that as well.
- Your photos should represent you and your lifestyle, find ways to incorporate your life in them. Maybe go to your favorite location, or someplace that means something to you and your family. Or bring props that have a special meaning to you.
- Let your personality shine! These photos are about you, let the real you come out!
- Think outside the box a little. These photos are sometimes the best ones!
- Eat a good meal so you’re not hungry during the session. Comfort is key and a good meal beforehand will help you focus on the shoot.
- Have fun! The best way to let your true self shine is to enjoy the moment!
- Be punctual. The only time I ever feel in disarray is when I’m running late. Make sure to give yourself time to get ready, commute, and breathe in between.
If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to contact me, I’m happy to help!